Everyone looks for ways to be better productive each day.
Productivity is not about doing more things, it is doing few things more effectively that produce long lasting impression.
1. To-do list to contain lesser tasks that really matter as per 80/20 rule and accomplish them positively by the end of each 8 hour day.
2. Take hourly short breaks as per Ergonomics (WorkPace – http://www.workpace.com ) that prevent computer related RSI (Repetitive Stress Injury).
3. Start the day the first hour by focusing on yourself – this makes you independent, decision maker, self-starter, Self-sufficient which avoids others to dictate on what you need to accomplish.
4. Start working on toughest tasks and gradually go to simpler tasks as the day progresses. Myth – we tend to think to accomplish more and work on simpler tasks to get numbers and reach the end of the day leaving the tougher, more important and critical business tasks for the next day.
5. Schedule a call for resolving any tasks that gets more than 2 or 3 replies as this resolves it over the call much faster and increases your productivity.
6. Process – Identify things that reduce your productivity (Root Cause Analysis) and set up a process for managing them.
7. Productivity Vs. Laziness – Laziness is the #1 contributor for reduced productivity, keep it far away and be active through the 8 hour work day with 5 minutes Stretch breaks (Wellnomics) every hour.